PROcare Protective Underwear for Adult/ Adult Diaper Large
PROcare Protective underwear is An adult diaper is used by adults who have urinary and stool incontinence problems. It is a special type of underwear.
Disposable absorbent underwear products, sometimes called “adult diapers” or briefs, help those living with urinary incontinence and/or bowel incontinence keep their symptoms from interfering with daily life. There are many kinds of incontinence supplies to choose from, but finding the right one can be tricky.
Receiving an Incontinence Diagnosis
If a senior is experiencing a loss of bladder or bowel control, it is very important to consult a medical professional who can properly diagnose the type of incontinence, rule out any serious underlying causes and recommend treatment options. Even if behavioral changes, medications, surgery or other interventions are appropriate, a senior will may still need to use incontinence supplies to manage leaks and continue participating in their normal routines.
Finding the Right Diaper for Adults with Incontinence
There are many factors to consider when choosing an absorbent product, including:
- Leakage type (e.g., urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, or both)
- Leakage amount and corresponding absorbency and coverage levels
- Flexibility to accommodate one’s varying activity levels
- Unisex or gender-specific products
- Style (e.g., tab-style or pull-on)
- Disposable or reusable
- One’s mobility, dexterity and functional independence regarding activities of daily living like dressing/undressing, toileting and continence care
- Personal preferences and comfort
- Appearance under clothing